Saturday, May 30, 2009

Last Day of School Surprise!!

This Friday was Kevan last day of school. On this last day of school they had a field day/game day. Little did I know that one of the games was a fishing pond. The sneaky part was that even if you didn't catch a fish, they gave one to you anyway.
So Kevan walks in the a huge smile (he's been begging for a pet of any kind) and this fish already named Goldy.
So we ran to Wal-Mart and got a fish bowl (the last one), fish food, rocks, and a catching net. While we were there we ran into a classmate of Kevan's who was also there to get fish things. We have now invested $11 in the surprise pet. I hope he lasts the weekend.

4 comments:

Rebecca Robison said...

OH no! hahaha! I gave one to all of my students awhile ago and a couple weeks later, (I think about all of them) came up to me and said, "teacher, my fishy died".

It was so dang sad...but cute as it only took them about two seconds after that statement to find the block or dress up area.

isn't education just great? ;)

Jodie said...

That is too funny! I will keep Goldy in my thoughts this weekend hoping he survives!

ab5cgang said...

That is to funny. I totally understand. Good luck with the fish.

Going Family said...

Goldy is still alive. His brothers and sisters haven't done so well (reports from neighbors and friends). The funny thing is that Shawn confessed to me that he is getting a little attached to Goldy. I have a feeling that if something happens to Goldy, we will be getting a replacement.