Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day to My Mom

I just want to thank my mom for being my mom. My mom has so many skills that I can only dream about obtaining. My mom is terrific teacher, artist, gardener, and friend.

My mom once told me that she took some soup to a family who was going through some tough times and found that no one was home. So she put the pot of soup on the stove and noticed the sink was full of dishes and so she did them. And of course denied it after words when her friend questioned everyone she knew.

My mom loves to garden and you can tell by looking at her front yard. Her back yard lacks the space for a full garden of veggies, so she has made an art of growing food in buckets and planters. Amazing!

I often tell people who want me to join their preschool co-op or joy school, "I'm not a teacher, but my mom is." She has always had a love of learning and teaching others what she as learned. She went back to school to get her Teaching Degree at age 40 and then went on to receive her Masters. Incredible!

My mom is an amazing artist. She is incredibly creative. So is my Aunt Sandy. Thanks to my mom and her sister and, of course dad, my brothers and I have artistic blood in us.

I can honestly say that I understand my mother more and more as I raise my own children. Growing up with 5 brothers was mostly a lot of fun, but then again I wasn't the mom raising us either. And now that I have children, I wonder how my mom survived those early years of 4 children under the age of 5.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!!

4 comments:

Jodie said...

Great post to your mom! Happy Mother's Day to you, Heather!

Chad and Jaycie said...

Your mom is very talented......and dang smart too!

Cox Family News said...

Your mom's yard is beautiful. I'm so jealous when I look out the window and see her flower beds and just how she arranges everything. I wish I had her green thumb and artistic talent.
Aunt Lorrie

Mishelle Noyes said...

I love to go to Releif society in Warden and listen to your mom teach! I think she is amazing and has an incredible talent!