Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Update

It's been a while, so I thought I would update you all and let you know what we've been up to.


Here is a recent picture of the kids.

Morgan came down with croup right before Christmas and just hasn't been well ever since. Croup was coming back every other weekend. The cough and running nose never went away and the fever was off and on every 5-6 days. So when she complained that her ear was hurting her two weeks ago, I jumped at the chance to take her and get some antibiotics to kick whatever this was out to the curb. So, we get to the doctor's and of course no ear infection. But she had positive signs of pneumonia. 10 days later...no cough, no running nose, no fever, and no croup. Yay!!
Here is Morgan being so good at taking her pink medicine. She said that it tasted like strawberries. (I had the medicine flavored with grape, but we all went along with the strawberry story.)
Kevan participated in the South Eastern Idaho Regional Chess Tournament, which happened to be held at his school. He took 6th in the 2nd Grade Novice Division.
Kevan with his trophy!

Other stuff...
-Wyatt is learning sight words in his preschool. It is so rewarding to see it click in their heads that letters all of a sudden create words!
-It's a boy! Due about June 18th. (doctor says 18th, ultrasounds says 16th, and I say 11th)
-Still couponing and loving it. Shawn doesn't care for the 5 Sunday papers we get each week. Especially when I am slow taking them to be recycled.
-Getting ready for Kevan's 8th birthday. Baptism is March 6th. And then there is cub scouts to get ready for too. This just might be the most expensive birthday yet!
-Loving our Dish DVR.
-I've been sick with a cold the last 6 days. Thank you Morgan and Wyatt!

This is our update. I'm sure there will be a lot more to come.

2 comments:

Jodie said...

Man, I thought that you fell off the face of the earth! Sorry that Morgan has been so sick. Definitely not fun. Sounds like you are going to have your hands full for the next several months!

Shaunae said...

That's so exciting about your 4th baby! I didn't realize your oldest and mine were that close in age. Ashton's baptism is March 27th and I just got called to be the Wolf and Bear Leader. Craziness, but I love Scouts! It's lots of work but it'll be fun!