Tuesday, January 6, 2009

What a day!

Yesterday was quite the day. It all started when all the kids were awake before the alarm went off. This is usually a tip off that I am going to be grumpy for the rest of the day. I got Kevan off to the bus, but he nearly missed it because the bus was early. (There should be rules against school buses for being early!) I got Wyatt and his friend, Tommy, to preschool right on time. But I wasn't home very long when I got a call from his teacher saying that Wyatt has had a bloody nose for the last 15 minutes. So gathered up Morgan and some extra clothes and went back to the preschool. The nose thing had stopped by then, but he needed a change of clothes. Then things were pretty normal until right before naptime. I get a call from Kevan's school saying that Kevan needed some new pants. So we all got back into the car to rescue Kevan. Finally we get back home and Morgan is asleep in her carseat. I get her to bed, but of course she wakes up. I was tired, so let her cry it out while I convinced Wyatt that a nap would be a really good idea. Finally, they are both in bed and quiet, I decide I've got enough time to run a couple of miles on the treadmil before Kevan comes home from school. I haven't ran in a while and guess what? I hurt my toe. But despite all of the unexpected events, I was still able to say my daily prayers, make my bed, read my scriptures, have family scripture study, family home evening, and family prayer. It goes to show that if you make time for spiritual things, you will still have time to deal with life.

2 comments:

Cox Family News said...

Reminds me of the good ole days. I miss them a little but I have to say I like getting up early now and just reading my scriptures. No body to get ready for the day except me. (My bad?)
Aunt Lorrie

ab5cgang said...

Heather that is amazing. You had a full day. The important things got done. Motherhood is a lot of work that is for sure.