Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Homemade Bread

Yesterday I decided my pantry needed a deep cleaning and reorganization. I came across several bags of Bread Flour that expires at the end of the month. So I decided I needed to make bread. I usually make bread in the breadmaker, so this was the first time I made bread the manual way, but it actually tastes pretty good. I'm still working on making them look good. My family is supporting me and devouring the bread one slice at a time. I'm going to make a little each day until I either run out of flour or the end to the month comes. This is 50% whole wheat bread and I hope it freezes well. I freeze store bought bread, so why would this be any different?

10 comments:

ab5cgang said...

I thinks it will freeze great. I am so proud of you. What a good mom. I haven't made any by hand either. And by the way I think they look great and very yummy.

Todd and Shana said...

Yum! That's one thing I've never made by hand, Although I keep thinking lately I should give it a try. Hmm...maybe one of these days...

Cox Family News said...

Looks Yummy to me! (I'm dieting) I got a new wheat grinder and Bread mixer last Oct. I cooked up a storm for a couple of months and now there it sits. I love whole wheat bread. I don't like the mess.But if the day ever comes that we can't buy bread I'm all set.
Aunt Lorrie

Jodie said...

I want some!! They look great! Maybe someone can teach me how to make bread one day.

CarolAnn said...

Wow Heather! I am very impressed and they are beautiful! I also love your wall in front of your treadmill, what a sweet husband. How much do you run, are you training for another marathon?

AOlson said...

I do have a breadmaker, but I really enjoy the hand made bread that I make much better. Yours looks very yummy!! Good job:)

Going Family said...

CarolAnn - I am training to run 2 5K races this year. I run 2 miles everyday or at least 10 miles a week. My goal is to run a 5K (3.1 miles) in 35 minutes. And I want to run a 10 minute mile.

AOlson said...

Okay Heather. You might have already seen my comment I left on TIFFANY'S blog, but how do you know Tiffany Donigan? Are you guys in the same ward? How weird!! She used to be in MY ward a few years back!! Small world, huh:)

Going Family said...

I knew Tiffany and Billy in Tri-Cities and did playdates all the time. Billy and Shawn knew each other at Utah State and ended up on the same project at Hanford. Then they moved here and we found them an apartment in our ward while they looked for a house. They now live on the other side of town, but we still try to keep in touch. Crazy weird, huh?!

AOlson said...

That is funny Heather. We had a few dinners at their house here in Pasco and we were friends. Small world.