Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Belated Pictures of Kevan's Birthday

Back in March, Kevan turned 7 years old and had a fun party to celabrate the big day.
While we waited for all the guests to arrive, we made paper airplanes. These are their creations.



Then we played the classic game of trying to pop the balloon that is attached to someone's ankle, while protecting your own. These boys are pretty competive, so it was kind of a long game.


Next we played the mummy game with toilet paper. They had to start all over if the toilet paper broke. They did pretty good!


Next was pinata time.




Kevan asked for a Scooby Doo Mystery Machine Cake for his birthday. He insisted that the cake be chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. So this is my attempt.


I'm glad he liked it.

2 comments:

Todd and Shana said...

Cute! LOVE the cake! Isn't it funny how picky they get about what they want?! I'm 0 for 2 in the birthday cake department this year. It's just been so crazy, and I'm a procrastinator! For Garrett's cake I slapped some frosting on a 9 x 13 and called it good (we intended to have a friends party later, never happened) and Walmart made Lauren's!

BTW, what I won at the Taste of Home show was a bag of groceries, aka junkfood. It was still fun to win something though. The friend I went with won a framing gift certificate to Fae's so we were a lucky pair that night. It was a blast.

ab5cgang said...

Look how big he is getting. What a great party. Your a good mom. I love the cake.
I do remember when he was born.